Thursday, February 17, 2011

John Lothspeich Appointed as City Attorney

In our last newsletter we let you know a little bit about Rob Williams and his retirement as the City Attorney for the City of Jerome. The reins have officially been now handed over to John Lothspeich and he is ready to “take command”. We spoke to John about this added responsibility and got to hear his thoughts on this transition.

Q: Please tell our readers a little about yourself and your professional history.

I graduated with my Law Degree from the University of Idaho. I commenced the practice of law as a Deputy Prosecutor in Jerome County for approx. 2 years. I was appointed Chief Deputy Prosecutor in Twin Falls County where I served for almost four years when elected Prosecuting Attorney in Jerome County and took office in 1996. I served as Prosecuting Attorney until June, 2000, when I joined the present law firm. I have enjoyed working with so many excellent and professional public servants in the Magic Valley for the last 20 years.

Q: What do you foresee as one of the greatest challenges you will face as the Attorney for the City of Jerome?

The challenges ahead will be to assist the City with strained resources and ensuring all needs are met for city residents.

Q: What are you looking forward to the most now that you are our Attorney?

I look forward to working daily with all staff to provide the best service possible to the city we call our home.

Q: Is there anything else you would like to add?

Our law offices are dedicated to provide the best legal services available to the City. Fortunately, Rob Williams remains our senior partner whose wise counsel I will seek often. I will endeavor to meet all legal needs for Staff, the Mayor and Council timely and with excellence.

So it appears that the City is now in the more than capable hands of John Lothspeich. We as City employees look forward to working with John. You can see by John’s responses that he takes this appointment very seriously and has what is in the best interest for Jerome at heart. We are very fortunate to have such a capable attorney to work alongside with.

No comments:

Post a Comment