Call to Order – 5:30 P.M.
Pledge of Allegiance
The consent calendar consists of items that are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted in the form of one motion. Any item can be removed from the consent calendar and heard in its regular order at the request of any council member or the mayor.
1. Approve the minutes of the August 17, 2010 regular meeting, August 18, 2010 and August 23, 2010 special meetings, and August 17, 2010 executive session
2. Approval of Association of Idaho Cities 2011 dues at a cost of $3,837.00
Citizen Correspondence, Issues & Reports
1. Letter from Sheriff Doug McFall asking for a letter of support for the county jail bond
1. Resolution No. 20-10 – Compensation Plan
Ordinances – New Business
1. Bill No. 550, Ordinance No. 1075 – the appropriations ordinance for the ensuing year – introduction, suspension of rules and adoption
1. Approve the Letter of Engagement with Rexroat, Harberd, and Associates, P.A. to perform the audit for the year ended September 30, 2010 at the cost of $12,600 – Finance
2. Approve the contract amendment with Delta Dental to change the eligibility period effective September 1, 2010 – Finance
3. Approve the contract with Brian J. Williams of Williams, Meservy and Lothspeich, LLP, for prosecution services in the amount of $60,000 for the 2010-2011 fiscal year – Finance
4. Approve the contract with Gordon Paving Company, Inc to construct the improvements for 8th Avenue West from Fir to Date streets for a cost not to exceed $349,971.05 – Engineering
5. Approve an amendment to the Industrial User Agreement with Idaho Milk Products – Waterworks
City Council Discussion & Possible Action Items
1. Approval to purchase nineteen hand-held radios from White Cloud Communication at a cost of $19,953 – Fire
2. Approve Application for Payment #3 to Idaho Sand and Gravel in the amount of $25,478.53 for work completed on the 93 Tech Park Project – Engineering
3. Approve payment of Invoice #6822 to Riedesel Engineering in the amount of $6,930 for services rendered on the 93 The Park Project – Engineering
4. Request direction from council on the policy for the City Dump Truck and Chipper Fees – Admin
5. Utility Revenue Improvement Recommendations – Finance
City Administrative Report
Department Head Reports
Pursuant to Idaho Code 67-2345 (c) to conduct deliberations concerning labor negotiations or to acquire an interest in real property which is not owned by a public agency; and pursuant to Idaho Code 67-2345 (f) to consider and advise its legal representatives in pending litigation or where there is a general public awareness of probable litigation.