The Jerome City Council meets next Tuesday, November 17, at 5:30 pm at the Council Chambers located at 100 East Ave A. The agenda is copied below and will be available as a hardcopy at the Council Chambers the night of the meeting. As always, all members of the public are welcome to attend the council meeting and to address the council on issues of concern. For any questions, please call City Hall: 324-8189
The agenda for City Council Meeting, November 17, 2009; 5:30 pm
Call to Order – 5:30 PM.
Pledge of Allegiance
1. Public Hearing to consider the recommendation of Planning and Zoning to approve a request from Gerald Martens, representing Gary Wolverton, to rezone those parcels described as Lots 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, & 8, Lutheran Care Village Subdivision, Section 19, Township 8 South, Range 17, comprising a total of 32.02 acres; more or less, and more commonly known as 1 South and 1 East of Jerome, from Residential 2 (R-2) to Area Business (AB).
1. Presentation and pinning of Badges for Fire Captains
2. Oath of Office for Fire Captains and Firefighter Engineers
3. Thank you to Sawtooth Veterinary Hospital for Bow Wow Shelter Park
The consent calendar consists of items that are considered to be routine in nature and will be enacted in the form of one motion. Any item can be removed from the consent calendar and heard in its regular order at the request of any council member or the mayor.
4. Approve the minutes of the October 20, 2009 regular meeting, the October 20, 2009 executive session, and the November 4, 2009 special meeting
5. Officer Reports: Fire, Law Enforcement, Treasurer, Library, and Building
Citizen Correspondence, Issues & Reports
7. Jared Sauer, 413 East Avenue B, to discuss irrigation assessment policy
8. Dani Butz to discuss her Senior Year Project regarding a Youth City Council Program
City Council Discussion & Possible Action Items
9. To consider the recommendation of Jerome City Planning and Zoning regarding rezoning certain parcels known as Lots 1-8 of the Lutheran Care Village Subdivision from Residential-2 to Area Business – Administration
10. Approve construction of a second bio-tower – Wastewater
11. Approve the purchase of a Pitney Bowes Mail Inserting System – Administration
12. Personnel Training – Laura Burnett to attend the Public Library Association Conference in Portland Oregon March 24th – 27th, 2010 – Library
13. Personnel Training – Approve Detective Dan Kennedy to attend the Death and Homicide Investigation Course in Las Vegas, Nevada December 7 thru December 11, 2009 – Police
14. Personnel Training - Approve Officer Janeece Gonzales to attend the Criminal Drug Interdiction for Patrol Officers Course in Las Vegas, Nevada November 30 thru December 2, 2009 – Police
City Administrative Report
Department Head Reports